Thursday, July 30, 2009

knitter to Knitter

The Yarn Harlot describes a point in a knitters life where they become a Knitter with a capital "K". I can't remember what exactly she has to say about it, and I'm too lazy to go look it up right now... but I believe it has something to do with accumulating a lot of yarn, trying a really hard project, or realizing that knitting has possibly taken over your whole life.

I am a Knitter... I was sure of it today. I started to think when I started to dye my own yarn that it was getting a bit crazy. Then I started SPINNING my own yarn. Then I decided to go to a KNITTING CONFERENCE. Sure, all of these seem like things that someone who is really involved in a hobby might do.

Then today I got a phone call....

and I will now be teaching knitting at The Quilt Tree.

I am a Knitter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a Knitter! I don't think I'm there yet, but I'm OK with that...I'm terrible at teaching people how to knit. :)