Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tour de Fleece Day ?

I have been spinning every day. Yesterday was a rest day, which was good because it gave me a chance to work and hang out with my friends.

Since I plied my AlaskanSass yarn (and have since ordered a roving sample pack of non-wool fibers to play with. I love her stuff.) I have been spinning the batt from Corgi Hill Farms. I'm still loving it.

The awning is going well. W bought the roofing material today and I think he will work on that tonight. It will probably be done by the end of the week. Except for the floor. His plan is to go along the highway and dig up flat rocks to put as the floor. I think it will be amazing.

I had a great evening with my two friends last night. They are both getting ready to move into their new homes which is exciting. W and I have lived in our house for a little over a year (we moved in 4th of July weekend last year) and I couldn't be happier about it. It is pretty awesome living in your own home. Except when things go wrong. Like yesterday...

I was trying to unload the dishwasher before W came home and look what happened:



Can you believe it? This darn dishwasher. Luckily, only 3 glasses and one pyrex container broke. Not too bad.

Also, Sock Summit is getting closer. Of course, I have no socks knitted... but I'm almost done with a shirt/dress thing that I am knitting. W said that once I finish that project he will buy me a spinning wheel of my very own. So I have been very motivated to get it done.... in fact I'm going to go work on it now.

No comments: