Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tour de Fleece Day One

Today is Independence Day and the first day of Tour de Fleece! I am spinning for Team Phat Fiber and in preparation, I practiced a lot and even learned to ply yarn!



The plied yarn is a combination of samples from Wooly Hands and Platform Nine Designs. The single is the left over from the Wooly Hands sample. My plying isn't perfect... some of it is under plied, but it was fun! I am going to make a baby hat with a cute crocheted edging with the single. It is going to be super cute.



This is the corridale that I bought from Platform Nine Designs. It was a joy to spin. It is a nice soft color and it will probably become a baby hat as well.

After all of this practice, I was ready for today... the first day of Tour de Fleece. I started spinning a fleece I bought from AlaskanSass called "Poppies will make them Sleep". I love the pink color in this roving. It is very bright and I think when it gets plied with the green it will be wonderful.



Oh, and if you don't know what Tour de Fleece is... it is a spinning challenge. We spin every day that they ride in the Tour de France. It is quite the big deal on Ravelry. Lots of prizes and fun! Hopefully I will be posting updates every day here on my blog.

No comments: