Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tour de Fleece Day Two

Today was a tough day for spinning. W, some friends, and I went to the Forest Fair in Girdwood. It was a lot of fun. It was gorgeous outside (I'm talking sunny, probably 74*, awesome) and it was so fun to wonder around and look at all the crafts, listen to the music, and eat the food. YUM! So that took up most of the day.

Then we decided since it was so nice out to have some people over for a BBQ. We got home from Girdwood at 4:30 and people were coming over at 6. I took a nap until people came over. Then I realized in a panic that I had not spun at all today. So I broke out the wheel. Sure there were jeers of, "Oh, are we going back in time?!?" and, "When did you guys become Amish??" but I spun. And people were fascinated. By the end of the night, I'm pretty sure I had convinced someone to learn to knit. SO THERE! :)

I didn't take any pictures, because I didn't get TOO much done, and I was spinning the same fiber from yesterday. I am almost through half of it, which means that I can start the second bobbin. And then PLY it! I think it will look amazing.

Hopefully I will get more spinning done tomorrow. W is planning on going on a hike with Frito, which means Snickers and I will have the house to ourselves. Since he is so much like me, he will probably sleep all day, leaving me to spin!! :)

No comments: