Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Not-So-Wordless Wednesday

So I know it is supposed to be my life in pictures today, but gosh darn it... it is RAINING and I can't take good pictures of the rain or in the rain, so here is a post instead.

I finally took my Corgi Hill Farms singles off of the bobbins last night. I had taken one bobbin off the other day and it was INCREDIBLY frustrating. The yarn kept breaking because I had underspun it (in an attempt to not over spin it as I knew I was leaving it as a single) and I wound up with 4 smaller skeins... UGH. But last night went a lot better and I only wound up with two skeins. One huge one, and one small one. I have yet to calculate yardage yet, but the yarn is pretty amazing. I would take pictures, but I really need good light to show it off, and with the rain....

Also, I have decided that at this point in my spinning career, I really enjoy spinning from roving braids much better than batts. I don't know what it is... I had a lot of trouble spinning with the batts, and they were the same fibers I have in roving... SO, for now I think I will stick to roving purchases. Of course, there are a few batts from eXtreme Spinning that I haven't spun yet, so there will be a chance for batts to redeem themselves. And I'm sure that I will buy again from Corgi Hill Farms because her batts are amazingly beautiful. Seriously. LOVE. Maybe I just need more practice.

And speaking of practice, I ordered my spinning wheel yesterday!! Whoo hoo!!! My very own. I can not wait. I have no idea how long it will take to get here, but I figure if it takes a while, I will be on vacation (at SOCK SUMMIT!) for part of it, so I won't notice too much. I finished knitting my shirt/dress thing (pictures later) and I'm not in love with it. I am giving it a second chance today, but I'm not sure it will ever make a public appearance. Which is too bad, as now I will be going to a knitting conference with no knitting. People will just have to trust me that, yes, I do knit. Oh well.

I pick up my third Full Circle Farm box today. It has a good mix of fruit and veggies this time. I'm pretty proud of the fact that we have been eating almost everything in our boxes. I can tell that my body likes me eating better... as soon as I eat something that isn't as good for me, it lets me know!

Enough rambling. Off to Ravelry and then to do some sewing. I got a lot of sewing done yesterday (pictures later...) and I'm hoping to do the same today.

No comments: