Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Costco Mania

One of my fellow teachers asked me what I did this weekend while we were watching students complete a science lab on density. I thought about it for a while and then answered, "Went to Costco three times." Wow. Really? I am that crazy? Who knew. I went Friday with Josh, Saturday with my mom, and then Sunday with W. I love Costco. I figured I would mention some of the awesome things I have picked up there lately.

1. Bananas. I love bananas, and they are one of the only fresh fruits W can eat, so they are ALWAYS in the house. They are only $1.89 for a huge bundle, so I don't mind if anyone decides to eat three in one day. Yummy, cheap, and good for you. Super score!

2. Levi's jeans. I have a hard time finding pants that fit at an affordable price. I hate spending money on clothes and I have found that Levi's always fit me the way I like jeans to fit. I get very excited when Costco decides to bless me with their presence. They are there now, pick some up for only $18.

3. Neutrogena Deep Clean something or other. It is this new face cleaner thing that you put pads on and then it is battery operated and blah blah blah. I've seen it in stores for a while but always thought it was pretty lame. Then Costco carried it and I decided I probably needed it. Amazingly, I think it has done wonders for my skin. I could tell immediately that my skin was smoother and my pores are looking smaller. I love it. And it is easy to use so when I'm about to fall asleep I have no excuse to not wash my face.

4. Can Organizers. We bought these a while back, but you still may be able to find them. They are these can dispensers for your pantry, much like the soup can dispensers you see at a grocery store. They are fully adjustable so you can fit family size cans or tuna cans based on your needs. I know now that I might not need to buy lima beans for a year. Who knew I had 6 cans?

5. Composter. I didn't buy this, but I do dream of buying it. It is a composter that sits in your yard and every now and then you spin it around to make sure that everything is getting composted. Amazing. Plus, it is made of recycled plastic which makes it double green. I'm not sure that it is dog proof though...the dogs are CRAZY and it would be a bit of a pricy item to have to replace.

No comments: