Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Be Aggressive. Be, Be, Aggressive.

We took Snickers to the groomers Sunday to get a bath. Imagine my surprise when I get a phone call (I hadn't even made it home yet) that said, "Your dog is too aggressive, we aren't going to groom him. Please come pick him up." SNICKERS?!? No! They must have the wrong number. That's it, I thought. I'm going to get there and they are going to laugh because they called the wrong dog owner. But just to be safe, I sent Weston in. And they didn't call the wrong people. Snickers had gone dog crazy. He had turned on devil face and wasn't playing around. Then as soon as he saw Weston, he jumped into his lap and gave him dog kisses. And all was right with the world again. How weird.

So we took him to the vet yesterday just to get a good puppy check up. Turns out the two breeds he's a mix of (akita and heeler) are both very "suspicious" dogs and are shy of new people and odd situations. I think it has a lot to do with the smell that other dogs put off when they are scared and Snickers just going on high alert. Because he loves new people in our house. The vet was awesome though, and sat and talked with us for almost 45 mins even though Snickers wouldn't really get close to her. I learned a lot about how to train him so that he maybe won't be so crazy, which was nice. It is also nice to know that it isn't something that I did or can help too much, it is just part of who he is. 100% crazy.

Only one more day with students before spring break! And I have a whole lot of nothing planned. Actually, I have a dentist appointment at 7am Tuesday morning. BLAH! To have 3 fillings done and 3 fillings replaced!!! AHHHH. That's what I get for not going for 2 years. Now I'm going to have my whole mouth be a construction zone. At least I will have the whole day off to recover.

Ok, I seriously need to go whip something together for me to eat. I have crochet class at 6:30 and need to leave in 20 mins. I don't even think I have time to boil water.....

No comments: