Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It is Tuesday! Yea! Better than Monday. And it was St. Patrick's Day, which means that after school I walked to the irish pub downtown with two co-workers and had a few rounds. To kids! HA! At 3:45 it was already PACKED. And I mean, we were lucky to find seats in the corner, along a wall (no table) to sit at. We probably could have sold them when we left. That kind of packed. Don't people have to work for a living? Maybe that is why our economy is in such turmoil...no one is going to work!

Speaking of the economy, I have a new economic stimulus plan. Turn off your TV. Seriously, since I have painted my living room I have only turned on my TV to watch DVDs or the Office, and I feel much better about the economy. If you don't have Matt Lauwer (sp?) and Brian Williams telling you every day how bad it is, maybe it won't be so bad. I'm pretty sure that the media is to blame for at least part of the economic downturn. If you tell people repeatedly that the economy is bad and you should save your money, the are going to stop spending, and then the economy is bad. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Enough heavy stuff. Blah. I love living in Alaska. I love the snow, but I'm kind of done with it this year. This is the first time I have been one of those people to complain about the weather and wish it were spring. I don't know what it is, but I need to see some freaking grass. And feel the HEAT of the sun, not just see the sun. I want to hang out in my yard and read in a hammock (ps. Need to buy a hammock). Most of all, I think I just want to be done with school. So here is to only having 47 days left with students! Raise your glass and have a drink, it's five o'clock somewhere....

No comments: