Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quilting Updates

So a few weeks ago I taught a quilting class and came home with a few things. (Surprise, surprise! I NEVER do that!) I found these cool panels of batiks that had colorful moose on them. I'm thinking of turning them into a tote bag. They are pretty amazing.


I also have mentioned the BOM I'm doing known as the "Saturday Sampler" at Seams Like Home. I thought I would post pictures of that too. Both L and I are doing the brown and teal batik colorway, which I think it beautiful. Hopefully I actually get this all done!

This is a black and white picture of what the finished quilt will look like. Mine will probably be a bit different, as I don't like borders or sashing. I might do something with the blocks to make them bigger and then join them together in a nice lap size quilt. Or maybe I will have 12 crazy pillows in my house!

Here is the first block. It is a bowtie block. I had never made one before, and I don't really care for it too much, but I got it done!

These were the different colorways we could choose from. I almost did the Christmas one too, but I already have the fabric for one Christmas quilt...and how many do you really need?

Today is the first official day of SPRING BREAK! The only thing I have planned is to go to the CSS Quilt Auction downtown at around 1. I love quilt auctions. Just looking at all the quilts is fun. My mom often buys wall hangings for her home and office at them, since I typically only make bed quilts. One of my goals for the summer is to get at least one auction item done for each of the three auctions I attend every year. Charity quilting is something I have been interested in for a while, and I need to get my act together and get involved! Alright, off to take care of the pups and maybe accomplish something today. Happy Saturday!

No comments: