Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day and Knitting Mojo

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope everyone takes a few moments to remember and thank those who have served in the military and protected our freedom.

So anyone who follows me on Twitter (MuddyMooseAK) has noticed that I have been in a bit of a knitting funk.  Friday, while at work, I realized the yarn that I chose for a mystery knit a long kids vest wasn't working. So I ripped that out. It was too late to go to the yarn shop, so I had to find a new one.  So I decided I was going to start the baby sleep nest that I wanted to knit and had ordered the yarn for. So I broke that out... except I must have been looking at the wrong page of the book when I ordered the yarn because the yarn I ordered would not work for the project. So now I have yarn that won't work, no yarn for that project, and I'm stuck wondering if it is worth the shipping price to return the yarn... ugh. So I spent some time on Ravelry looking at patterns trying to determine what to knit next. I downloaded the patterns for the French Press Slippers and the Artemis shawl... (Rav links) I have the yarn for both of these projects in my stash. But neither one of them seemed to be what I wanted to knit. I was cranky that I couldn't knit what I wanted to. At this point it is probably 11:00 at night. So I go to my room and I start digging through my stash and find some louisa harding yarn that I bought for a wrap around Christmas and decided to knit that. I got started and everything was going fine, so I went to bed around 12. I took my knitting to work the next day, and around 1:30 I realized something was wrong. And I didn't know how to fix it... I think they abbreviated something weird and I had only copied the pattern, not brought the book so I couldn't look it up. So I was stuck at work until 4 with nothing to do. Cranky again. I didn't knit at all that night. I didn't want to think about it. I was getting so mad that nothing was working out.... Yesterday I went to work at the quilt shop, where I picked out new yarn for my wool baby nest. (I will post pics later, W has the camera) I'm really happy with it and think it will look awesome. I even looked at the pattern and figured out how to knit it all as one piece instead of as a front and a back, did some math because I'm going to make mine striped instead of all one color, and I'm ready to knit. But I'm still a little gun shy and have yet to cast on... I worked on the last sleeve of my baby romper last night, just have an inch to go. So the plan is to finish that up today and then cast on my new project. Hopefully by then my knitting mojo will be back and everything will turn out fine.

If not, my knitting will have to sit in the corner while I make a quilt or something... I really hope it doesn't come to that, because it has been so nice (actually, a little too hot for my taste, but I won't complain!) that I like to be able to take my knitting outside with the pups. Speaking of the pups, they are very anxious to get to walking... so I better take them out before their whining drives me insane. Enjoy your Memorial Day!

No comments: