Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Cleaning

I spent the morning doing normal Sunday morning things... sleeping in, walking the dogs, cleaning the house. When I clean the house I am constantly reminded of the reasons that I LOVE having a small house. If I do a crappy job vacuuming, it takes 5 mins. If I do a good job, at MAX 15, and that includes the entire house. Most of the time, I sweep the house, then just vacuum up the pile of dirt. Then I shake out the quilts and pick up all the dog toys... job done. This normal routine (which I probably do every other day if not every day) takes me about 12 mins. (And if you remember from a LONG time ago, I do have a Roomba... but the Roomba needs to go to the Roomba hospital, and we have been lazy about mailing it. I do miss it because if it was working, I wouldn't even have to sweep and vacuum, just shake out the quilts every few days...) Today I also broke out the steam floor cleaner and steam cleaned the floors. That took about 30 mins, but it is amazing the difference it makes. So after doing all of this cleaning, I am exhausted. And my house is 950 square feet. So, I can't have a bigger house... it would be too hard to clean. :)

I also love having a small house because I can't fill it with a lot of crap... my house will only hold so much. It is hard to allow things to pile up, because it is in the way very quickly. I am constantly going through my things and purging what I don't need.  If I had a bigger house, I don't think I would feel the need to do this as often and things would pile up. I also think a lot more about what I bring into my house. I only bring in things I love, because I don't have room for things I like. Oh, and the fact that there are no stairs is a HUGE selling point for a clumsy person like me.

Other than that, not much is going on. I clean the house, the dogs make it dirty... I sometimes wonder if they can tell that it is clean and make an extra effort to roll in the dirt before coming inside... oh well, they are cute. I hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather here was pretty nice. I do wish the wind would go away. I also need it to rain (preferably at night...) so that my allergies will calm down. Itchy eyes may be the most annoying thing ever. Alright, enough random posting, I am going to go make lunch.

No comments: