Friday, June 4, 2010

Katrina Davort

Weston seems be be obsessed with soup lately. We went to Costco last week and I think he bought three different boxes of soup. Really?? Who needs that much soup? All I wanted was string cheese and dried fruit... Then when I got home from work last night, there was a whole crock pot full of homemade soup. What the heck are we going to do with all of this soup??? I guess I think it is a bit odd because soup reminds me of winter and I'm not really a huge fan of soup anyway... I guess I better start to warm up to it, because it may be all I'm having for the next month...

I still need to take pictures of the yarn for my baby nest I'm knitting. I'm almost on the second stripe, which is exciting. I realized yesterday that the striping may make it harder for me to do the button band, so I will have to think about it I want that to be striped, pick one color, or maybe hold two colors together when I knit it. I have also been scouring Etsy to find nice handmade buttons for it... (and no, none of the buttons in my mason jar FULL of buttons will do. This is a special project and it calls for handmade buttons.) This shop has the CUTEST buttons ever. It was all I could do to not order every set! I think I'm going to contact her to have her make me a special set, as I need 10 of a pretty similar size.

It finally rained! Not a ton, but the ground is wet, and I am happy. The weather still looks overcast today, so we might be getting some more rain, which would be fine... There are just too many fires here in Alaska already. I'm hoping the rain will help stop more fires and maybe even help calm the current ones down.

In other knitting news, I am going to test knit at hat for zigzagstitch. I'm pretty excited about that! I have never test knit before, but I've been wanting to try it out. I will post pictures as that progresses... I'm hoping to get the pattern today so I can head to the yarn shop... any excuse to go! :)

I think that is all I have for today... and for those of you who didn't understand the title, it is reference to the movie Juno. They joke about her house always smelling of soup.

No comments: