Saturday, June 19, 2010

Whoa! New look...

So, I was bored and played with the new blogger design layout... we'll see how I feel about this for a while...

So just a quick check in... no pictures of course, but lots of things done around here.

*Finished test knitting the hat. LOVE it. Planning on knitting another one out of some handspun (without the color work...) that I have in my stash (that I got in a handspun swap on Ravelry. It is amazing). Also plan on knitting another colorwork one as a gift.... shhh....

*Knit myself some French Press Slippers to wear around the house. Still need to felt them, but that won't take long and will hopefully happen tomorrow. Pictures then! :)

*Still knitting that darn baby blanket. I'm seriously over it. I think I only have like 8 inches to go before I can cast off the front, meaning the back/hood should go quickly because there will only be half of the stitches... but I'm so tired of it that it is taking a lot of will power to even take it with me when I have time to knit... I'm bad....

* Started knitting W a pair of socks... not because I was tired of the blanket or anything. :) They are out of the book Knitted Socks East and West that I picked up while in Portland last year for Sock Summit. I went to the book talk and everything, it was pretty awesome. I also have the yarn to knit myself a pair of knee high socks out of the book. I swatched for them and really want them.... maybe in a few years I will show you that FO.

*Found these mittens on Ravelry and now I'm having a hard time deciding what mittens to knit myself. I might need a pair for every day of the week or something. Or maybe just a bunch of different left and right ones... who says your mittens have to match?!? Then you don't have the dreaded one mitten syndrome... hmmmm.....

Alright. I'm off to eat an ice cream sandwich (Costco now carries these amazing ones from a company called 600lb gorillas and they are all organic and amazing), watch Always Sunny in Philly and then head to bed.

No comments: