Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Seward

Here are some pictures that I took while in Seward. Actually, most of them are from the trip down there. It is such a pretty drive. We hiked exit glacier and then took the pups out by a river, as they weren't allowed by the glacier (which we didn't know, and that was kind of why we brought them, so I felt bad...). I also went to the yarn shop for the first time, and it was pretty nice! They had a pretty interesting selection of yarns, some of which I had never seen, which was really cool. And, of course, I had to stop at the fabric shop.  I bought a kit for a flannel baby quilt and the end of the bolt of the amazingly awesome star fabric that just NEEDS to be a birthday quilt for some little one. I haven't even put it away because I love looking at it so much. :) Without further ado, my pictures.










12 years ago this would have been the edge of the glacier. 





A sign showing the regression of the glacier. The years are marked on the road and the trail as you drive and walk in.





My dogs hate water. Snickers actually crossed the river at a shallow spot and then when we were calling him he was freaking out because he didn't want to cross where we were, as he would have to swim.  We had to walk him back to where he had crossed.... what a goof.

So that was my Saturday!! This Saturday is summer solstice... the longest day of the year. That also means we are going to start losing daylight. There is a HUGE solstice celebration going on downtown. I'll be working downtown, so I'll watch from the window! :) 

No comments: