Saturday, August 9, 2008

Valley Quilting

Leah and I ventured out to the three quilt stores in the valley today. It was quite the trip! It was raining hard core but that didn't stop us from finding all of the different shops and even the yarn shop in Wasilla. Everything was quite nice. I was very impressed with the selection that Sylvia's Quilt Depot carried, there were fabrics there that I hadn't seen anywhere else. I didn't do too much damage to the bank account...kept it under $100 which is pretty good having gone to 4 quilt shops (we also went into Dina's in ER. They have a TON of new fabric and some of it was too cute to pass up. The new fall line from Sandy Gervais called Pumpkins Gone Wild is AMAZING) and a yarn shop. Leah also got all of her shop hop blocks which is always fun. Frito got to go to dog daycare for the day which is always a good time for him (and for me because he is tired!). Everyone was pretty excited to see him again as they really miss him there. And who wouldn't? He is probably one of the most amazing dogs ever. :) Not that I am biased or anything.

I found out last week that I actually get to start back to work on Monday. AHH! I have three days of training BEFORE our four inservice days. So that was a bit of a bummer to learn, but I guess it is good I go back to work. Every day I go is one day closer to payday! And quilt store sale day! If only payday came first...but I probably don't need THAT much fabric. I'm going to go work on the border for my pumpkin quilt. If I can finish one project I won't feel too bad about starting another one.

No comments: