Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bamboo yarn and chicken bites


(Picture of my school bag. A beautiful quilted bag that I blogged about a while ago. I love this bag. I use it for just about everything now. I am planning on buying a button for the bright green square there as I am not in love with it.)

Random, I know. But just wait. It will all come together.

First things first, I started a pair of bamboo socks yesterday at my inservice (no, I don't knit during presentations, but I had about 2 hours of down time and got quite a bit accomplished. And the link is to a site that sells the yarn I have. It is WONDERFUL and I am in love with it.) and I noticed a few things. First off, I am not normally a "public" knitter. I normally knit in the comfort of my own home or a friends house...not where other people can see me. I did notice how interested people are in what you are doing. And even more so when you tell them that your yarn is made of bamboo. After my inservice I went to get my school mandated physical. I knitted in the doctors office while waiting which also struck up a conversation with him that ending in him telling me he HAS to call his mom and tell her about bamboo yarn. It was pretty amusing.

**Random side story about the doctor** The nurse told me when she was taking my vitals that the school district also pays for a tetanus shot if I wanted one. At first I said no, but then when she told me it would be free I said sure. Free my butt. My arm is KILLING me today. When I woke up I could barely move it. Then this afternoon I started feeling sick and am just now getting over that. My arm still hurts though. When I told my husband I got it because it was free he replied, "Well so is a punch in the face but you don't want one of those."

Now on to the chicken bites. My team all went to Boston's for lunch and I ordered the buffalo chicken bites. There were a TON of them and I barely got through half. I got the rest in a box and was planning on eating them later. They were in my school bag along with my knitting (and some random paper work...I do work while at work sometimes). So Weston and I go to Lowe's to pick up some lawn furniture (at 50% off!) and a bookshelf. When we come home he tells me that Frito got into my yarn. This is not that surprising. He for some reason loves to carry yarn all over the house, get tangled up in it, and basically cause a lot of trouble. When Weston asked me why he would have gotten into the bag I realized I had FORGOTTEN to put my chicken in the fridge. So Frito being the mischievous dog he is ate ALL of the chicken, some fruit snacks, and chewed a hole in my baggie of dried cherries before he realized what they were and that he doesn't like them. On top of all of this he not only totally messed up my ball of bamboo yarn (not beyond use, it is just a tangled MESS) but pulled a needle out of my socks and dropped 20 stitches. So. I am going to pull out my other ball of bamboo and start a new sock. That will be less stressful than dealing with that mess right now. Which is fine because the sock was a bit large anyway. And it was hard to be mad because I can just imagine how funny it would have been to watch the whole thing happen. You can tell he struggled with the yarn trying to get to the chicken because it was wrapped around the handles of my bag. Oh, my dog. He is so funny.

So that is how bamboo yarn and chicken bites caused me a bit of stress today. Not to mention students come back to school tomorrow. Crazy!!!

No comments: