Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to School

So today is my first official day as a contracted teacher. I have been going to training all week, but today is the first day that I HAVE to be there. We have four (that's right FOUR) inservice days before the kids come to school on Wednesday. I am nervous and excited about going to school today. I have met the office staff and my department chair but no one else at the school. It should be an interesting day.

On the knitting front, I finished two dishcloths for my kitchen. They are very cool. Pictures will be coming. I was excited about how fast they knit up. The pattern (I used the ballband dishcloth pattern, free on ravelry) was easy to memorize so I was able to pick it up whenever I had a break at work and knit a few rows. I still have a ton of one of the colors and not enough of the other to do anything with. I think I will get another ball of the variegated and make two more just so I have a bunch of them around. I've also thought these would be great housewarming presents, or wedding presents, or happy tuesday presents because they are so easy to knit and very useful. I am excited to see how they wash as well. Ok, I should get ready to go....

No comments: