Monday, August 4, 2008

Charm School

I went out to the quilt shop in ER to go to Moda U. Moda U is a club that is run by Moda fabrics where you learn about new fabrics and over the course of a year you get the directions to make a quilt top. So it is kind of a block of the month club. ANYWAY, today Moda U was about charm squares (5" squares of pre-cut fabric) and all the different ways to use them. I accidently spent a lot of money. Class was really inspiring! :) I got a new book called "Charmed and Dangerous" which has different table runners and two full size quilts made from charm squares. So I got christmas charm squares to make one of the quilts and 60's reproduction charms to make the other. I'm not sure if I'm too crazy about the 60's fabric, but they are cute and it isn't something I normally make so who knows how it will turn out.



I have my last kuspuk class tonight. Hopefully I will get it done!

No comments: