Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fair Fun


Weston and I went out to the fair today. It was pretty fun. The highlight of my day is seen above...meeting Lance Mackey! For those who don't know, he is a dog musher who has won both the Yukon Quest and the Iditarod two years in a row. This is quite a feat because they are both really long and less than a month apart. Two years ago when Mackey won both races it was the first time that anyone had done it. Then he did it again...pretty amazing. So I was pretty excited to talk with him. We talked about dogs and then later I went back to talk to him again and he remembered me! I went back to ask him if I wanted to get a dog from him what I would do. So then he gave me his phone number and e-mail address. That's right...I have Lance Mackey's phone number. That was pretty much the only thing that was different about the fair this year. I always have a good time and can't wait to go back next year! :)

No comments: