Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Maybe...

I should hope for things more often on my blog... because IT SNOWED!! Not too much (only about 2-3 inches) but enough to make everything white! I was SOO excited when I left work on Sunday to snow. It was a great end to a long, work-filled weekend.

Not too much else is going on.  I joined my first KAL (Knit-A-Long).  It is with DaniDo Crafty and it is her Brisk Cowl (rav link).  I am into the pattern and LOVING it. I'm not a huge fan of seed stitch, but this has enough to look nice without being too annoying. I'm using some yarn dyed by my friend over at Northern Lights Fiber Co and I am really happy with how it is turning out. I hope to be done with the cowl by the end of the month... (setting my end date far out, as I am working on gift knitting at the same time)

I am knitting a hat for my dad out of the Hats On! book and it is amazing. I love colorwork! It is simple, but has very dramatic results!! I also just ordered the book Hat Heads and can not wait to knit myself a hat.

Alright, off to find some food before I have to teach knitting class.  Happy (early) Veterans Day!

No comments: