Monday, November 2, 2009

Dog Food

I have two big dogs. They eat a lot of dog food.  I am constantly looking for ways to save money on things I have to buy consistently.  I buy my bread at a discount store, I clip coupons, I search sales fliers... I am a saving freak.  I stock up on things when they are on sale (like when Carrs had a buy two pasta sauces, get two boxes of pasta free, I went pasta crazy....) and dog food is a major expense.  The dog food we buy is $1/lb and I am always on the look out for a sale.  Sunday morning we went to Target to stock up on candy (50% off!) and I wanted to run and check the price on dog food, as I do every time I am there.  Much to my surprise, it wasn't on sale, it was on CLEARANCE! The dog food we buy was 75% off! Why? Well, probably because they are discontinuing the size bag (20lb, which is silly... with large breed dog food, that disappears in a day!) or they are changing the packaging. So that is how I ended up with a truck that looked like this.


After a trip to both Target stores, we wound up with 19 bags of dog food of various sizes (6 of them were about 8 lbs, the rest were 20 lb bags).  The bags that were typically $25 were $6. Amazing. I'm hoping this lasts through the winter...

No comments: