Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Alaska Bears

It's been a while since I posted. Sorry.... I have been busy. Cleaning my house, going to weddings, playing with Sawyer, knitting, etc.

I had fun at the Solstice Sale!! It was a blast. I wound up getting yarn for three bears that I want to knit for Sawyer. My original plan was to knit one, but they didn't have the yarn I wanted, so I was looking at bulkier yarn. Then I had the idea to knit a small, medium, and large bear. THEN I had the idea to make them brown, black, and white like the bears of Alaska. Which seems like an amazing idea. Especially when it is after 10 and you are buying yarn on sale. :) So here is the pattern I am planning on knitting. I think it is ADORABLE! I can't wait for Sawyer to have his bears.... (but first I have to knit my class samples for next quarter, a scarf, an afghan square, and a felted clog)

Sawyer has officially moved into his own room! He slept in there the past two nights, and while it isn't completely put together the way I would like, it is a step in the right direction.  He even slept in his new crib last night! He did well, minus the fact that he woke up at 4:45 this morning.

We went to a wedding this past weekend out past Sutton, which was beautiful.  We met some fun new people and had a lot of fun until it was time to go home.  It was a long drive out there, and we had planned on camping, but then I decided that we should head home because I was worried that if Sawyer slept with me, he would not be able to sleep in his bed the next night... so we drove home and Sawyer was unhappy for pretty much the whole ride. BUT, he slept in his bed, and I didn't have to worry about it.

I hope everyone had a great week.... anyone have fun 4th of July plans??

No comments: