Friday, July 1, 2011

Forest Fair Fun!

My friend, her two little boys, Sawyer, and I all made the trek to the Forest Fair down in Girdwood today. It was a lot of fun, despite Sawyer deciding to cry the entire car ride... he has decided cars aren't his thing lately. We ran into a few people we knew, got to eat some yummy food, and enjoyed the music and hand crafts!

I was very good and didn't buy any yarn or fiber! Even though there was some awesome stuff at very good prices, I resisted. I knew I didn't have the space.... GO ME! I did buy Weston a flask with a map of AK on it, because the map had his favorite location (McCarthy, where he will be spending the weekend) on it. He thought it was very cool.

We also saw a mom and baby moose cross the road while walking back to the car, another moose on the drive home, and a dall sheep almost on the road! It was a great wildlife day. Between all of that and the moose that was in my yard on Wednesday, I have seen quite a bit of wildlife this week!

I also got a good chunk of knitting on my scarf done while driving to and from the fair, which was nice.  I hate knitting scarves, but I am teaching a "My first project" class, and a lot of people like to knit scarves, so I need one for a sample. I'm using scraps and it should be quite the fashion accessory when it is done. :P

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July holiday!

No comments: