Saturday, June 11, 2011

Big Book of Knitted Monsters

As promised, here is a book review! First up, Rebecca Danger's Big Book of Knitted Monsters.



I love this book! It is so cute.  Sawyer has one monster knitted (so far!) and I hope to add more to his collection soon.  If you have seen her other patterns on Ravelry, these are very similar. (In fact, I think some of them are a lot alike... but they are all cute) The book is a great deal though because there are 20 different patterns, and even at full price the book retails for $18.99, making it less than $1 a pattern. 

The book has great directions, and great pictures of how to do the different techniques.  It made me almost want to try magic loop again, as Rebecca hypes it up pretty good.  I decided to just use two circular needles though, as I really am not a big fan of magic loop.  I would say that if you wanted to try the technique, this book does have great directions, and the monsters are simple enough that it would be a good first project. 


I think the book is great. If you want knitted monsters, I think this book is the way to go! You can knit them out of any yarn (bigger yarn=bigger monster) and they all turn out so stinkin' cute! So grab your needles and start knitting!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love this book too! I am almost done with my first and am tempted to knit the whole book :) I am using magic loop, I guess I am a fan since I do not love DPNs and have never tried 2 circs.