Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mommy Break

Yesterday my MIL came over to watch Sawyer and after I put him down for his afternoon nap I left my house... alone.... I went to Target to get some 50% off Easter candy (but only bought a few things as the bagged candy was still only 30% off. I hate when they do that.) and then took myself to Arctic Roadrunner for lunch. I had a burger, fries, and a Dr. Pepper. And I didn't even feel bad about the soda. I still had a while before I had to be back home, so I just sat there and knit. And knit. And knit. It felt like forever. It was realistically probably an hour and an half. But it was amazing to be able to knit without having to take a break to untangle the yarn from baby hands or to hand a toy back to Sawyer. I got 2 repeats on Weston's sock done (yeah, that pair of socks I started for him last summer....) so I'm a bit closer to finishing that. I think I might try and get it done in time for his birthday...

It was really nice to just get out of the house and have some me time. I get out a lot more than I used to when Sawyer was younger, but he still pretty much goes everywhere with me... I'm really thankful that my MIL is so willing to come in and watch Sawyer as often as she can.

In other news, Sawyer still isn't into eating food. We keep trying the rice cereal and he keeps making a face and spitting it out.  We tried sweet potatoes today and he made a face... after about 3 spoons of it though he didn't spit quite as much out. So I think we are going to stick with those for a few days and see how he does.

I did get my fiber stash all photographed and up on Ravelry. I have a lot, but not quite as much as I thought, so that is good! :) I need to start spinning some yarn for a baby surprise jacket for Sawyer. I am hoping to take a class that starts on May 7th.... guess I better get spinning!

No comments: