Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Monitor

Anyone who has been to our house knows that it is small... less than 1,000 square feet. Two bedrooms. Small. So, I never had a baby monitor, as I could easily hear Sawyer when he woke up. (Seeing as how he hates sleeping, he makes it quite known when he is done) I decided that I would look for one at the big garage sale this weekend because it would be nice to be able to go outside and work on things while he was asleep. I mentioned this to my dad who promptly went out and bought us one...

And, I love it! I never realized how awesome it would be. I am able to go outside and work in the yard, or just knit. I'm also able to close the door and not worry about the volume of the tv or radio, because I have the monitor. It has been really nice.

I've been speeding along on my spinning. I have the first 4 oz done and I'm almost half way through the second 4 oz. I think my plan is to finish up the 2 oz I'm working on and then ply it so I will have one skein to start knitting with on Saturday at class. I think it will look really nice when it is done.

I've also been sewing a bit here and there. When I have a few mins, I have been sewing a small stack of blocks for my rag quilt. I would like to get that done, as I think it will be nice to cuddle with on the couch and also great for Sawyer to play on the floor with.

I start teaching knitting again tonight, which is how I will be spending my Wednesday nights for the summer. Tonight is beginning 101. A fun class to teach, as I love watching people when they realize they "get it". Off to go get all my stuff together for that....

No comments: