Saturday, June 13, 2009

Spinning Garage Sale

This morning K and I got up and went to the Anchorage Spinners and Weavers Guild Garage Sale. Since I rented my spinning wheel from the guild a few weeks ago, I have used up all the fiber I had, so I definitely was looking forward to getting more. When we got there at 9:54 (gates opened at 10) people were already lined up. It was crazy. I thought I would be combat shopping. Luckily, there was plenty for everyone and I walked away with a crazy amount of fiber that WILL become very beautiful yarn.


A look at all of my goodies. The big fiber braids are 7 oz each and the smaller ones are 4 oz.



A close up. I just want to wear them as fiber scarves...they are so pretty.




Some irresistible hand spun yarn. I want to start knitting the rust colored one right now....


And three skeins of my favorite sock yarn for $2 each! What a deal!

This paired with all of the things I bought at the Etsy Yart sales should keep me busy for quite a while....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fiber braids look like cotton candy - delicious fiber-y cotton candy. Looks like a great garage sale to me!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Wow! What a deal.. and all those years we were in Anchorage, I had no idea there was this type of sale.