Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh, buddy...

I am almost ready to make a BIG announcement on the blog (and no, it isn't an addition to my family, so don't get TOO excited)....just need to get a few more things in order. So be on the look out for that. Trust me, it's going to blow your socks off. :)

I mentioned on Twitter (which was on the cover of Time) this morning that I got dressed around my necklace. Well, I would post a picture, but I am SUPER lazy right now (maybe tomorrow), but it is spectacular. It is the necklace I won in the contest on the Danido Crafty blog. It is a necklace from RiskyBeads and it is called "Secret". I'm in love with it. It is vintage but modern and just plain beautiful. Check out her shop for some beautiful stuff.

I have spent a lot of money on Etsy the past week. I joined a fun club from a Phat Fiber contributor, desert garden farms. I am going to get three months of spoiling! I thought it would be a nice summer treat for myself. I will be sure to post pictures of all of my goodies. I also joined the pattern of the month club for July from my favorite phat fiber contributor, TwiceShearedSheep. I like the idea of finishing something in a month, so we will see how that goes... :) If I can actually get it done, I will think about joining for the following months. I also bought some glow in the dark yarn and a pocket sheep from SheepShape Spinning (another Phattie!). I recieved a sample of her glow in the dark yarn in my May box and could not wait to get my hands on more. I am going to use it to knit a dog walking hat for myself. I've also thought it might be neat to make a pair of socks that have glowing heels and toes. We will see....

And, I may have forgotten to mention it formally, but I rented a spinning wheel from the local spinning guild. It is an Ashford Kiwi and I am in love with it. It is small and compact, and I seem to be getting the hand of spinning which is FUN! So I also bought some fiber from platform nine designs. They are mill ends, so they were a bit less expensive, and I thought it would be fun to practice with them before I dove into some of my more luxurious batts. And another treat to myself, two batts from eXtreme spinning. Her BOGO 60% off sale just got the best of me. Her stuff is AWESOME and I can not wait to get my hands on it.

So, as you can probably tell the Yart (art yard sales) got the best of me the past week. I definately spent more than I should have...espically combined with that fiber garage sale! Good thing I got my first check from the Quilt Tree today. :) Not that my pretend job pays too much, but it does keep me afloat and that is what is important in the summer.

While at work today, I finally broke down and bought something. The latest Buggy Barn book. I am in LOVE with one of the patterns, and W also loves it, so it will probably become a quilt in my house soon. It is not often that W is a huge fan of Buggy Barn quilts, which is sad because I am addicted to them.

Alright, I think that is enough for today. Also, I have decided to do "Wordless Wednesday" posts. I have seen them on some of my favorite blogs and think they are very fun. So check out my first one tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Northern Lights Fiber Co. said...

wow! You are going to be getting some majorly fun mail!!! Can't wait to get to see it! Looking forward to your post tomorrow! Great idea!