Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh, buddy...

I am almost ready to make a BIG announcement on the blog (and no, it isn't an addition to my family, so don't get TOO excited)....just need to get a few more things in order. So be on the look out for that. Trust me, it's going to blow your socks off. :)

I mentioned on Twitter (which was on the cover of Time) this morning that I got dressed around my necklace. Well, I would post a picture, but I am SUPER lazy right now (maybe tomorrow), but it is spectacular. It is the necklace I won in the contest on the Danido Crafty blog. It is a necklace from RiskyBeads and it is called "Secret". I'm in love with it. It is vintage but modern and just plain beautiful. Check out her shop for some beautiful stuff.

I have spent a lot of money on Etsy the past week. I joined a fun club from a Phat Fiber contributor, desert garden farms. I am going to get three months of spoiling! I thought it would be a nice summer treat for myself. I will be sure to post pictures of all of my goodies. I also joined the pattern of the month club for July from my favorite phat fiber contributor, TwiceShearedSheep. I like the idea of finishing something in a month, so we will see how that goes... :) If I can actually get it done, I will think about joining for the following months. I also bought some glow in the dark yarn and a pocket sheep from SheepShape Spinning (another Phattie!). I recieved a sample of her glow in the dark yarn in my May box and could not wait to get my hands on more. I am going to use it to knit a dog walking hat for myself. I've also thought it might be neat to make a pair of socks that have glowing heels and toes. We will see....

And, I may have forgotten to mention it formally, but I rented a spinning wheel from the local spinning guild. It is an Ashford Kiwi and I am in love with it. It is small and compact, and I seem to be getting the hand of spinning which is FUN! So I also bought some fiber from platform nine designs. They are mill ends, so they were a bit less expensive, and I thought it would be fun to practice with them before I dove into some of my more luxurious batts. And another treat to myself, two batts from eXtreme spinning. Her BOGO 60% off sale just got the best of me. Her stuff is AWESOME and I can not wait to get my hands on it.

So, as you can probably tell the Yart (art yard sales) got the best of me the past week. I definately spent more than I should have...espically combined with that fiber garage sale! Good thing I got my first check from the Quilt Tree today. :) Not that my pretend job pays too much, but it does keep me afloat and that is what is important in the summer.

While at work today, I finally broke down and bought something. The latest Buggy Barn book. I am in LOVE with one of the patterns, and W also loves it, so it will probably become a quilt in my house soon. It is not often that W is a huge fan of Buggy Barn quilts, which is sad because I am addicted to them.

Alright, I think that is enough for today. Also, I have decided to do "Wordless Wednesday" posts. I have seen them on some of my favorite blogs and think they are very fun. So check out my first one tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

wow! You are going to be getting some majorly fun mail!!! Can't wait to get to see it! Looking forward to your post tomorrow! Great idea!