Monday, June 29, 2009

Say What?!?



So you know that I have been hinting about a big surprise? Well here it is... I started my own yarn business. And my shop is now LIVE on Etsy, so you should go check it out. After you finish reading of course.

Moose In Socks is the name of my business. I sell luxury sock blanks. What that means is that I sell already knit pieces of fabric that you un-knit, and re-knit into socks. Confusing to non-knitters, but very exciting to people who knit socks. The blanks I have listed now are made of BFL (a special wool) and a bamboo/merino blend. Both are wonderful. Tomorrow (or soon) I should be listing a merino/tencel blend and some milk blends. I also have in the works a cashmere blend (which is so soft... I want to knit lace socks out of it) and an alpaca and soybean blend. They can make yarn out of anything now!

SO, I am pretty excited about this. I have been working on it for about a month now and I finally had enough things in line to start listing. Keep checking back, as there will be a lot more new stuff coming!

Here is the link.

Now I am off to try and figure out how to ply the yarn I spun today! FUN adventure...

1 comment:

Leah said...

Whoo-hoo! They are beautiful and I 'm practically drooling to see the cashmere blend blanks. I'm so excited! Good job!