Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wine Club!

I joined the Wine Club at a cute little store called Wine Styles last week when W was in Nevada. I have only been to the store a few times, but it is pretty awesome. It is very well designed and all of the employees are very helpful and seem to know a lot about wine. So every 15th I get to go pick up two bottles of wine from different parts of the world. I also get 10% off everything else in the store. I bought two bottles of wine the last time I was there and one of them was PHENOMENAL. I will probably go back and get one more bottle and enjoy it on a another sunny day in the yard.

The other bottle is one that is a wine club pick. It is decent. There is an episode of "The Office" called "The Dinner Party" where Jim, Pam, Andy, Angela, and Dwight go over to Michael's for a dinner party (duh!). In that episode he describes the wine as having an "oaky afterbirth". Now I know that isn't the right term, but it is pretty oaky. I don't think that is bad, but it is a bit different from the wines that I am used to.

I'm looking forward to getting to try new wines that I wouldn't normally choose. I am also looking forward to hopefully learning more about wine so when I go to pick a new bottle I can know that I am going to like it. Pretty sure the only way to learn more is to drink more. I will toast to that!

No comments: