Sunday, July 27, 2008

Unmotivated

Last night after the whole ironing board fiasco, I finished my apron. I LOVE it. I topstitched all of the blue trim with a beautiful half daisy pattern and then sewed on the buttons and it looks awesome. I am going to wear it to work all week (we have to wear aprons there) and show it off. It's also my last week working at the quilt shop. :( Which means there are only three-ish weeks until I have to check in to my teaching job.

I have yet to start my kuspuk, which is bad news bears since I have my second class tomorrow and I am supposed to have the first four or so steps done. I don't know why I am so intimidated by this project. I think it has to do with the fact that I have never really sewed any clothing and I haven't had much luck working with patterns where you have to cut out pattern pieces. But I really need to start. I don't want to be as unprepared as I was for last class (I showed up without scissors, which are pretty important if you are going to cut fabric) or a pencil to trace my pattern with. AH! So I would like to be on my game tomorrow. We'll see. I have been cleaning the house to avoid facing the project. I really should get started.

1 comment:

Leah said...

DId the tube turner dealy-bob work well? Good job getting so much done! I'm impressed!