Sunday, July 20, 2008

Grocery Sack



I hate plastic bags. They are out of control. If you go to the store for a few groceries, sometimes you wind up with as many bags as groceries. And they just take up space. So I have moved to not getting bags as often as possible, and when I do need a bag I bring my own. So I was excited to take this class and learn how to make my own grocery sacks. I figure they would make great gift bags for Christmas and then they are reusable! I'm happy with how it turned out. The inside of the bottom leaves room for improvement. I will try to make it look a bit nicer on the next one. They are great to use up scraps, as it only takes four 18" squares.

2 comments:

Leah said...

We're doing the same thing, with trying not to get or use so mo many bags. This one looks pretty roomy and useful, how quick was it to make?

Anonymous said...

You can also use spare plastic bags to make market bags ! You cut up the bags into small stips and tie them together, then use it like yarn to knit with! I can't remember where I found the instructions, but there's sure to be something on Ravelry if you're interested :)