Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beer Brewing

So Weston and I received a beer brewing kit for our wedding. Since we moved to our new house he has been dying to brew his own beer. Fine. So Josh comes over tonight to brew beer with him and at first I was excited. I get to hang out with Josh and Weston and knit while they do something they enjoy. Perfect. Except then it started to smell. Not too bad at first. But then the smell kept growing. And I was forced to head to my room because it became overpowering. And now I'm in the bedroom with the door shut, widow open, and fan going at full blast and I can still smell it. I went into the kitchen to throw something away and almost puked. It is HORRIBLE. I hate it. I don't like beer, but this isn't even just a beer smell. I can't describe it, except to say that it is awful. If you have seen the Seinfeld episode with the smelly car, I feel like I am trapped in that.

On to more exciting news, I am almost done with my shrug. Had I not been chased to my room by that horrible smell, I might be done with it. But alas, the knitting was a casualty to the smell war and it is still in the living room. I also worked on organizing the sewing room a bit more today. Still not done, but it is getting there. I just hope the house smells normal in the morning.

No comments: