Saturday, July 19, 2008

Slumber time



This is the pillowcase I made this morning. It is very cute. It has all enclosed seams, which means you can't see ANY raw edges, which is pretty much unheard of on a pillowcase. I learned a really neat trick for the green part where you sew it into a tube and turn it inside out...a bit hard to explain (which is why I don't write directions for a living) but VERY easy. If I wind up making a mate to this pillowcase (have to see if Weston likes it first) I will take pictures as I do it and post a tutorial. (I'm getting so advanced!) Again, a very easy gift and adorable. It only took about an hour and some change to make, and a lot of that time was spent ironing the prairie points. Haven't figured out a way around that yet.

1 comment:

Leah said...

These would be a cute "extra" to go with a quilt gift. The points are really cute and the fabrics you picked look really nice together. Good job! You're so inspiring!