Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ironing Board Blues

So when we moved my ironing board didn't make it back to AK. Not sure why, since I wasn't there for the packing, but I was sans ironing board in my new house. Which makes quilting a bit difficult. So today I had a break down and had to buy an ironing board. I had seen the one I wanted at WalMart (ahhh...) but it was $45 so I decided to wait and go to Fred Meyer. So then I went to FM and they didn't have the extra wide boards. So I wound up going to WalMart and buying the one I wanted. Why was it so expensive you ask? Well, it is 22% wider than a normal ironing board and it has a rack on the side for the iron to sit on. AND as if that wasn't enough it has a rack on the bottom to stack things (not sure if that will be useful or not). The only downside was it took me about 7 minuets to figure out how to open it. There were no directions and even with my two college degrees, I had a bit of trouble. But I am back in business baby.

7/28 So this is embarrassing, but a bit funny. I realized that I misspelled minutes. I ALWAYS do that. For some reason I always put minuet, which is a ballet not a measure of time. When I was in college I actually had to put a sticky note on my computer screen with minutes spelled correctly and a picture of a clock so I would remember how to spell it. This is why I explain to students that spelling is important, and that I am not the best at it. I always ask that they politely correct me if there is a spelling mistake. I think it is important that students know that teachers are bad at things too. Like spelling...or reading directions....

No comments: