Monday, February 6, 2012

February Already?!

Sticks and String
This past week I started a small knitting group at Barnes and Noble on Wednesday nights. I have been interested in getting out and having more adult time, so this worked out perfectly! I do enjoy teaching knitting, but I find that I don't get to be very social while teaching... because I teach beginning knitting, my students really need my help! Which is great, that is why I am there, but I need some time out of my house, with other adults, where I can talk about things other than my kid. (Who is awesome.) I'm hoping the group will meet regularly. If you are in town, we are meeting at Barnes and Noble Wednesday nights at 7. 

Oh, and in actual knitting news, I'm working on Sawyer's octopus mittens. One just needs a thumb and I just finished the ribbing on the other one. I really need to get new ink for my printer so I can photocopy the chart and not have to carry the book around! That is really preventing me from working on them... we spent a lot of time in the car this weekend, but it is a bit hard to have a book open on your lap and read a chart, so I didn't get any knitting done....

Mini-Me
Sawyer is growing and learning more every day. It is crazy. He is also getting two bottom teeth right now, so I'm expecting a few long nights.... last night was one. I'm also expecting him to start talking any time now. He is saying "Mama" and "Dada" to the right people now, which is fun. He mostly uses them when walking around looking for us. There is nothing more fun than hearing him run down the hallway yelling "MAMAMAMAMA". Because it has finally warmed up, we have been outside more, which Sawyer is very happy about. Pictures of him playing are on his blog....

Ramblings
This weekend was the SUPERBOWL... which we don't really care about, but our friends do. One of our friends is a HUGE football fan... his dad has a crazy party (bartenders, waitresses to bring you things you want, prizes, etc) so we always go there. It was fun that the bartender remembered Sawyer from last year. She commented that last year all he did was sleep (true, he was 4 months old) and this year he was all grown up! He was also very well behaved. He stayed in our little area, ate food, drank his water, and played with random things he found. It was great. I was expecting to have to leave early because controlling Sawyer is sometimes a challenge... 

We also went out to Eagle River this weekend to see Weston's parents, who have been out of town since the middle of December. They were pretty excited to see Sawyer and he was well behaved, so it was a nice day. The weekend was so busy, it was a bit exhausting. It didn't even really feel like a weekend we had so much to do... hopefully we have a nice quiet week to top it off....

1 comment:

Miss Julep said...

Yay for Wednesday night knitting group! Sounds fun! And hurrah for well behaved toddlers:)