Thursday, February 9, 2012

Normal-ish...

Ramblings
I have been feeling a bit "off" the last month. My stomach has still been a roller coaster, and because of the new nap schedule Sawyer has been on, I haven't been seeing adults during the day. I could tell it was taking a toll on my mental health... Plus, when Sawyer was napping, I was napping to, which meant that very little was getting done during the day. On top of all this, it was so cold that I hardly could get out. February has brought warmer weather (a bit *too* warm... today it is 41!), and Sawyer and I went to the zoo yesterday! (Pics on his blog) That really helped. Being in the fresh air was amazing. We both had a great time. Then, my MIL was able to come over last night so that Weston and I could go out to dinner by ourselves. It was wonderful. We had dinner at Cattle Company (more on that in a min...) and had such a nice time. It was great to be able to sit and talk with Weston without a little person pulling on me or hitting me in the face. Then we still had some time to kill, so we went to Century Theatre and played a few arcade games.  I beat Weston at air hockey, which was epic.... he beat me at everything else we played, but it was so fun! I finally feel like I am getting back to being myself. Today during nap time I have even done some knitting.

So, Cattle Company. As you know, I am not a fan of chains and box stores. I hadn't eaten there in five years. We had received a gift card for Christmas, and I am not one to turn down free food! :) I honestly didn't expect much, I was just excited to be out with my husband. I was very surprised to find that my food was AMAZING. Seriously. Wonderful. The salad was good, the steak was perfectly cooked, my baked potato was delicious.... We even brought a slice of cheesecake home and WOW... it was heavenly. The service was great. They had a wonderful selection of mixed drinks... I was really impressed and pleased. Granted, it was still pretty expensive (it is steak, after all) so we will probably only be back to use up the rest of our gift card, but I will say that I will keep it in mind....




No comments: