Friday, February 17, 2012

Terrible

Sticks and String
No pictures of the mittens yet. I'm actually dragging my feet because I'm not very happy with how they turned out. I'm sure if I post pictures, most people will think they look great (and they are ok) but there are a few things that I am just really disappointed with. One, is the fact that blocking did not fix any of the small tension problems I encountered. I think most of this is because I used super wash yarn, which I've never loved, or had great luck with. But, silly me, I just bought what the pattern said instead of listening to myself. The other thing that really stinks is there are a few stitches along the edge that look TERRIBLE. As in, I'm pretty sure even a non-knitter could spot them. And this really peeves me off. I don't know why I didn't notice them while I was knitting, but man, they are bad. Oh, and they won't go on Sawyer's hands. They aren't too small, he just has a hard time getting them on.... 

I've moved on to another project, which is turning out nicely so far. (But, it is in super wash yarn, so who knows what is going to happen)  The midwife who delivered Sawyer had her first kid this past year, and I wanted to knit him a little something. I decided to knit a Milo vest (Rav link) as I know a lot of people who have knit them and they look like a fun, quick knit. I bought yarn (because I don't have any super wash in my stash, and I'm not sure if it would be hand washed....) ... and the yarn is knitting up nicely (color wise) but is SUPER splitty. Which is quite annoying, as most of this vest is mindless knitting, but I have to pay close attention to not mess up the yarn. I should make good progress on this tomorrow as we are heading down to Seward for the night. 


Ramblings
As I mentioned, we are heading to Seward tomorrow. My family is down there for a long weekend, and it is my dad's birthday on Sunday, so we thought it would be nice to go down for the night. I'm hoping Sawyer does ok on the car ride... we are timing it so it should be nap time, and it is only a 2.5 hour drive, so *fingers crossed* it should be ok. I'm hoping it is a nice, relaxing night... who knows though!  I hope everyone has a nice weekend. 

No comments: