Sunday, February 12, 2012

Drive By

Sticks and String


Just a quick drive-by post to say that I finished Sawyer's octopus mittens tonight. They are in the sink blocking, so pictures soon. (Apparently small-diameter color work is a bit more challenging for me...) I wouldn't say I'm in love with them... but, blocking might fix that. I will say that I am insanely proud of myself for starting and finishing them within a month (not a calendar month, but 4 weeks). Yes, they are small, but there are TWO of them and they are exactly the same. Not exactly a super exciting knit. But, they are done and almost ready to wear!!

Next up on the needles is a Milo vest. The midwife that delivered Sawyer had a son this past year, so I want to knit him a little something. I know a lot of people who have knit up this little vest and it looks fun, quick, and simple. I was planning to cast-on tonight, but I think I'm going to head to bed. The yarn will be there in the morning.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Pictures of the mittens soon!

No comments: