Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Knitting Everything

A few knitting nuggets I am really excited about:

1. My first skein of Dream in Color yarn arrived in the mail today. It is for a hat for JB and I can not wait to see it knitted up. (For those who are super knit nerds, it is a skein of Classy in the Peacock Shadow color way, which is a deep blue and the pattern I will be using is Cabled Canuck)

2. I ordered the skein from the Loopy Ewe (excellent customer service, love them) and I am now a Loopy Groupie. Which means I spend far too much money on yarn. :) It also means I got an awesome sheep calendar in the mail from them. Worth it.

3. This post from the Yarn Harlot. These lines are perfect.
When you see a knitted object, don't see a hat, or a sweater, or a pair of socks.  See twenty, forty, a hundred hours of your knitters life that they have decided that you, or someone else is worth.  (How much time did you spend getting their present?) Understand that far from being a thrifty or lesser way of giving a gift, things that are handmade are the most expensive objects there are.
4. This skein of handspun that will become mittens (I think). I spun it wanting a big, poofy, gradient yarn and it is perfect....



5. I am off to write supply lists for my knitting classes this quarter. They are supposed to be in the shop at 10am tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last min.... which, I guess would really be tomorrow morning.... so go me for being ahead of the game.

No comments: