Monday, July 26, 2010

Weather

It has been incredibly rainy the past couple of days here in town. Which is kind of weird... normally when it "rains" here, it sprinkles all day, off and on, and is just gloomy outside. This has been full blown, rain pouring down for hours, wet, wet, WET, rain. The pups have had enough. Frito HATES the rain. He has a very hateful relationship with water that is not in his stainless steel water dish. He pouts all day about the weather, and it brings everyone down. Snickers isn't as anti-rain, but I think Frito's bad mood rubs off on him. I still walk them (because they still want to walk, and they actually don't mind walking in the rain, but won't go into the yard in the rain... my dogs are mental) and we all get wet, but usually have a good time. It was pouring this morning, but out we went. And this is what they looked like on the porch before I dried them off. Pretty happy, considering they were going to go pout the rest of the day!

Tour de Fleece is over. I didn't get as much spun as I would have liked, but I did get a fair amount accomplished. I think I spun 5 yarns total, and half of another one, which added up to 12 ounces of fiber, so that's not too bad. I'm hoping to finish the other half of the yarn I'm working on tonight while enjoying some Netflix instant and then maybe ply it tomorrow. I still have the goal of working pretty much only from my stash for a while... even treated myself to a little shawl book yesterday to help with the goal. I have a huge stash of sock yarn, and for some reason I have become OBSESSED with knitting shawls (and mittens... ) which is weird, since I don't foresee myself wearing them, but the last one I knit was just so FUN! And since I like to knit just to knit, not to have FO, this seems like an ok thing for me to do. I will just knit what I want and figure out what to do with it later. 

I have been speeding along on my embroidery project, which is a small winter pillow. I am very happy with how my stitching has been progressing. I even bought a thimble. I feel so serious when I have that on... like, now I'm going to get down to work. :) I think the pillow will become a present for someone... not sure who yet, but I don't think it will be staying in my house. Not that it isn't cute (because it is... very cute!) but, it is white, and white things don't fare so well with the pups and the new baby on the way. Plus, I already have pillows for the couch that are old quilt blocks I made, so I don't need more...and again, I do these things because I enjoy doing them, not because I necessarily want them when I am done...

Alright, off to go unload the dishwasher and do some more spinning. Here are some pictures (obviously taken a bit ago... proof it was sunny at some point this month! I think it was last week...) of the shed. Notice me spinning in the background. I think that is funny....

No comments: