Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mostly about yarn

I don't have a ton to blog about, so this will be a bit random, but oh well.

I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch yesterday. I also added peanut butter chips to them as well. They are seriously amazing. And super simple to make. Besides the cooking, it took me about 12 mins to get the dough made. I think these will be a staple in my little bakery case.

I knitted a handspun hat (not from my own handspun, but one that I received in a swap) and I'm working on matching little mittens. If I get my act together and stop eating cookies, they should be done today. I will take pictures later, as I am going to get some ribbon to weave in and out of the hat, which I think will make the cute factor skyrocket...

I have finished two more skeins of yarn for Tour de Fleece. They are both pretty awesome and once they are dried and measured, they will be ready for their pictures!

The shed is really starting to take shape. W has all the walls up (the frames of them anyway, he has to side them) and it is pretty spectacular. He will have three windows and a door to put in, and it has been amazing to watch him work. He is so proud of his shed (as he should be, it is quite the feat) and I am quite proud of him. He is amazing. I told him last night that I was very impressed with his building skills and that he is an awesome provider for our little family...

The other night we had a spinach chicken salad with spinach from MY GARDEN. And it tasted like spinach! It was pretty yummy. My broccoli is about ready to be cut, and the peas are growing as well. W is so impressed with my growing skills that he said he will probably build me a second bed next year and maybe even a small greenhouse on the side of his shed....

Alright, I think that is it. Have to go knit those little mittens...

No comments: