Friday, July 9, 2010

24 weeks pregnant...

I had my 24 week appointment on Wednesday and everything is still going well. I will get some pictures of my belly soon... it is quite a bit bigger.  I gained 10 lbs last month... which was fine, because before that I had only gained 3 lbs total, so this was to be expected. I definitely look way more pregnant, which is interesting... There are some really awesome perks to being pregnant... not having your period, having a good excuse for the way I've always acted, being able to sit down at work and not look lazy, oh and growing a baby. :) Of course, there are some downfalls as well... I have a hard time getting dressed (not only because I have so few clothes that fit, but it is just hard... putting on socks is getting to be almost impossible), I'm always hungry, my hips are starting to hurt, it's getting harder for me to sleep, I feel like humpty dumpty... but I'm still pretty excited to meet Baby. I'm a bit concerned that Baby has heard too many stories about childhood obesity, as s/he is constantly doing baby aerobics in my belly....

In other news, I'm seriously getting close to the end of the baby blanket. I'm on the hood, and I'm pretty sure I will finish that today, which will leave the button band and the hood edging. Both of which require picking up a large amount of stitches, so I'm not really looking forward to them.... OH WELL! It will be done and I will be pretty excited about that.

Still spinning for Tour de Fleece. Not getting nearly as much done, as I'm having to work every day, but I have been meeting my goal of spinning every day...

I got my new iPhone this week!!! It is pretty amazing. I haven't had a problem with it at all... it is really fun to take pictures with the awesome camera and videotape the pups! I will have to try and figure out how to upload them on to here. And it is FAST! I had the 1st generation iPhone before this, so this was  a HUGE upgrade... I can't believe everyone else had been surfing the internet that quickly on their phones!

That's really all that's going on here. I work all weekend, so probably won't be much to report. W is making good progress on his shed.  The floor is done and he has two walls built.  Yesterday he picked up some free windows to install, so he will probably get a lot done this weekend if the weather cooperates. He works in the rain, but he works a bit slower....

No comments: