Monday, March 8, 2010

On the upswing

I walked the dogs this morning for the first time in a while. (W has been walking them alone since I haven't been feeling well) It felt good to be outside, back in my normal routine. I'm hoping that I am on the upswing of my illness. Last night I slept (!) in my own bed for the first time in 3 nights. It was nice to actually sleep and to be in my bed and not on the couch. The couch is great for napping, but not so great for days at a time. I did have to get up at 4am and eat some cereal because I was STARVING. That is not really too unusual though. :)

In yarn news, I finished spinning my burlesque SAL batt from bohoknitterchic.  I even added the add-ins so there is some fun yarn and sequins mixed into it. It wound up being 82 yds of aran/bulky weight yarn. Pictures later, as it is in the sink right now.

I also received my first shipment of the 2010 Loopy Ewe Sock Club, and it did not disappoint. This year the club is including a pattern for a pair of socks and something else, in case you don't want to knit any more socks. I think this is great, as I love socks... but since there are two of them, they don't always get done. The pattern that came this month was a fun scarf/shawl thing and they also included two fun shawl pins to wear with the scarf. LOVE it. And the sock pattern was designed by Wendy of Wendy Knits fame, and is actually spectacular... I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to do with my yarn. I wish I could have gotten two skeins and knit each project!

Alright, enough blabbing. Sorry if this wasn't as coherent as normal... I'm still very stuffy. I have to go get some work done as I have a booth at the fiber festival this weekend... probably should have some stuff to sell. :)

No comments: