Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sock and Shoe Mania!

So, if you noticed in my Wordless Wednesday post, I currently have an obsession with knee high socks. I decided that I need to kick it up a notch with my wardrobe. If I look nicer all of the time, that will become the norm. SO, I bought a bunch of knee high socks, and I have been trying to wear skirts when possible, and if I do wear jeans, I wear a button up shirt or sweater. Now, I do have a lot of pretty rockin' t-shirts. But who is to say those can't be paired with a jean skirt and leggings or socks? See, that would really dress up a simple t-shirt. And, in reality, it doesn't take much longer to get dressed, I feel nicer all day, and it's comfy.

Also in my picture post you probably saw a cute little baby shoe! I found this tutorial a while back and have been wanting to make them for a while. So, last night I dove in! They are very easy to make, and probably only take about 45-60 mins for the pair. Plus, the fabric pieces are so small they are the perfect project for scraps. I will probably be going shoe crazy for a little bit....

My Rav-Olympics project is slowly trudging along. I have been spending more time on Ravelry than knitting, so it's really not that far along.  It is a simple knit, but you still have to pay pretty close attention because the yarn is so fine. I have started my double knit cheese head hat, and I am loving it. I have yet to start the colorwork, but it is all on one needle and in the round now, so I feel pretty proud of myself.  I'm hoping to get more done on both of those projects next week... but sewing has been incredibly tempting lately. :) Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: