Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fat Quarter Shop

If you ever need to buy fabric or patterns online, I highly recommend FatQuarterShop.com.  I order charm squares (my shop doesn't carry them, sadly) from their site quite often and I am always impressed with how fast their shipping is. Last week I ordered two patterns on Tuesday and got them in the mail Thursday.  Then I ordered fabric on Friday, and it came yesterday! Here is a picture of what I ordered....


I have been obsessively collecting fabric panels to make fabric books for kids. I love them. They are a quick, easy sew, and they are just wonderful for little kiddos. These two are golden books and they don't have any words in them, which I think is VERY cool because as your kids learn to talk, they can make up their own story. And the charm squares are the fabric line "Blush" by Basic Grey. We received some bolts at the shop the other day and I LOVED them. I am going to sew the charm squares together in a basic top, then applique a bird (there are birds on the fabric) on top. Then, I will use my favorite fabric for the back. Quick, easy, fun, cute.

I also got my Burlesque SAL batt in the mail yesterday from Bohoknitterchic! I sometimes feel bad that I get so many packages... I'm sure my mail man isn't too pleased with me. :) It is BEAUTIFUL. I have to think about how I want to spin it, as I am going to try and make it a bit more "artsy" than what I normally spin. I am also in her Retro Pin-Up SAL, and I'm sure those will be amazing as well!


1 comment:

Kimberly Jolly said...

I love your fabric choices!!!!