Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Surprise

Today I taught my first quilt class. And it was AMAZING. It was the Buggy Barn pattern "My Three Stars" out of the Seeing Stars book. It is one of my favorite patterns that I have made. There were five people in the class and they all left with about five blocks done. It was just a lot of fun. It is hard to explain how excited I was. If you are a teacher it was the feeling you get when you plan an amazing lesson that the students get excited about. If you aren't a teacher, just imagine everyone thinking that you are amazing and what you did was amazing and wanting to hear all of your tips. It was a lot of fun and everyone was really nice. I think that everyone will probably actually finish their quilt, which is exciting. I can not wait until next weekend when I teach again.

Another thing that got done today was the building of our fence. My amazing husband worked his butt off and built the back of our fence today. Also, he built one side last night. So now there is only one side left to go and then Frito can stay in the yard all day. I think he will enjoy that more than being in the house as he will be able to run around and play with his toys.

No comments: