Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Almost October

On my class agendas today I wrote that it was the "last day of September" to remind both the students and myself that time is moving and we WILL get out of school eventually.

Anyway, now that I have finished Horton, I was dying to cast on a new project. Never mind I still have three on needles...I don't feel like knitting them. :) So I was on a hunt. I had the yarn for a pair of mittens and a baby sweater. I wanted to knit the sweater, it has a rhino on it and is INCREDIBLY cute. But somehow I have LOST the pattern. UGH. This is a chronic problem of mine since I am not the most organized person in the world. I was espically upset about it last night. I even cleaned out my car trying to find it. (I figured it could be in there since I had taken it to the shop to buy the yarn at some point) The pattern is MIA. So back to square one. I didn't really want to cast on the mittens because I knew that I wanted something a bit easier to knit while watching TV. The mittens are a really cool mosaic pattern, but they require five different colors and a lot of attention. I will make them, just not this week. So I settled on a hat. I have a pattern for a basketweave hat that I was going to use the extra yarn from my mittens so I dug up some OTHER yarn that coordinates with the mittens (and oddly enough was actually bought to make a pair of mittens) and has the gage I was supposed to get (which is probably not what I'm really getting since I didn't swatch, but hopefully it will still fit.) so off I went. And I have calculated that if I knit the same amount every day that I knit last night I should be done in 9 days. So hopefully that will pan out. I need a new hat as it is getting chilly outside. Yesterday I had to warm my car up! It had frost all over the windows and I wasn't about to scrape them.

I'm sure there were other things I wanted to blog about, but my mind is blank. I am TIRED this week. Monday was a super hard day and now I feel like I am dragging. I almost took half the day off today to recover, but I muscled through. Tomorrow is already Wednesday! As long as the VP debate doesn't pre-empt The Office I will be good. Sure, I care about the nation, but Jim and Pam got ENGAGED last week. That is a big deal. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The Office isn't even on at all this week...so sad! :(