Saturday, September 27, 2008

House Flipping

So Weston and I used to watch this house flipping show on TLC (called Property Ladder) all the time in Spokane. Now that we have cable again (ugh) I was watching it this afternoon while enjoying some Cherrios mix. These people blow my mind. They are intelligent (I would think) but they do the DUMBEST things. Like buy a house without a home inspection. REALLY? Our house was basically brand new when we bought it. It was built in 1964 but completely remodeled in 2007. We had a home inspection done even though there was ALREADY one done by the homeowner. We weren't taking any chances and our house was FAR from a fixer-upper. It blows my mind that someone would by a house without a home inspection. Anyway, moving on. It is an interesting show and you learn a lot about houses which I think is fun.

I've mentioned a few times that we have cable now. We were going over our downloading cap on the internet connection and the only way to get unlimited internet with GCI was to get cable. I hate that. I don't WANT cable, I want unlimited internet. We would get internet through AT&T but we need the super basic (local channels only) cable to watch NBC, which is pretty much the only thing we really watch. So now cable is back in our house. I just hope that I continue to use my time for things besides watching TV.

I finished my grandma's felted bag. I will post pictures soon. I also made my mom a zipper bag for all of her crochet accessories. I didn't take pictures of it, but plan on making myself one as I keep my knitting things are in a ziploc.

No comments: