Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

And another year is here... 2012... possibly the year the world ends.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. We set off a few fireworks, which Sawyer did not care for (odd, as last year he loved them) and were in bed by 10. Sawyer slept all night (through the fireworks and crazy dogs) and decided to sleep in until 6:45! A great way to start the year.

Now that the new year is here, I can reveal my theme for 2012 (straight out of the Jasmin from the Knitmore Girls playbook).... Sally 2012 is going to be "selfish"... now hear me out. This isn't what it sounds like. When I think of myself being selfish, I think of using my time more wisely, so that I can be a happier, healthier person. I am going to stop overcommitting myself to things so I don't feel as stressed. I'm going to start what I finish (maybe....), again, to lower my stress levels. I'm going to ask for help and ask for what I need. I'm going to knit and sew things I want to knit and sew (which is often for other people anyway, so it is both selfish and selfless) and spend my time doing what I want to do.

I started yesterday by spending the whole day at home, in my pjs, with Sawyer. It was great. We napped, hung out, read books, stacked things. He stayed in his pjs too.... it was -7, we weren't going anywhere. Today I am going to go to the quilt store (alone) to get fabric to bind a quilt. I also plan on grocery shopping for the week after making a meal plan.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year! And, check back to see how selfish I have been. :)

No comments: